FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
AFROTECH™ Conference | General Information
AFROTECH™ Conference is the largest Black tech conference of the year! Get ready to connect with a global community of 20,000+ Black tech innovators during a series of digital and in-person events filled with dynamic programming on emerging trends, networking opportunities with industry leaders and conversations with top tech recruiters.
AFROTECH™ Conference 2022 will take place Sunday, November 13 through Thursday, November 17 at the Austin Convention Center and Hilton Austin.
The schedule will be updated as speakers are confirmed. Be sure to follow and check on the AFROTECH Conference website and social media accounts for updates.
AFROTECH Conference programming will start on Sunday, November 14 at 4:00 pm and end on Thursday, November 17 at 9:00 pm. Please refer to your ticket type description for programming availability
There will be an AFROTECH Conference app that will roll out closer to the conference date. Stay tuned!
Yes, you must be 18 or older to attend the AFROTECH Conference.
Attendees can create their professional profile and upload their resumé in the Resumé Book after successfully registering for the conference. The Resumé Book is a great recruitment resource for our partners/sponsors and can be found here.
We invite students from all over the world to apply for our AFROTECH Conference 2022 Scholarship. Attending this in-person conference will be a one-of-a-kind experience and opportunity in your academic career.
Scholarship applications are open to current undergraduate and graduate students from June 1 – August 6, 2022. Please use this form to submit your application. Recipients of the AFROTECH Student Scholarship will be notified after the application period.
Get your company to sponsor your AFROTECH Conference ticket. Use this cover letter template.
Blavity, Inc. /AFROTECH staff is committed to ensuring the safety of our attendees, team, and vendors. As we return to an in-person conference, we are aware and moving through the pandemic by prioritizing the safety and well-being of all in attendance.
Moving at the speed of trust, we are implementing several health and safety protocols for the conference that align with federal, state, local, and CDC guidelines.
Blavity, Inc. /AFROTECH reserves the right to refuse participation in the AFROTECH Conference 2022 to those, not in compliance with our COVID-19 protocols. These protocols are subject to change.
AFROTECH™ Conference | Ticket Information
You can purchase your AFROTECH Conference 2022 ticket by going to this link.
There are several ticket levels for the AFROTECH Conference 2022.
- Student Admission This ticket level gives the attendee General Admission access and access to student-only meetup spaces and student-focused events. You must be currently enrolled at an undergraduate or post-secondary institution and use your .edu email address to register. Ticket Price: $250.
If you are a student trying to get a job, want to connect with employers, submit your resumé for consideration by employers or learn more about what’s happening in the tech industry – Buy a student admission ticket!
- General Admission This ticket level gives access to programming at the Main Stage, Web 3.0 Stage, Design & Engineering Stage, Learning Lab Stage, Music Stage, and AFROTECH Expo. Ticket Price: $650
If this is your first time at the AFROTECH Conference and you want a full experience by submitting your resumé and networking with employers – Buy a General Admission ticket!
- Corporate Admission This ticket level gives the attendee General Admission access as well as access to Corporate-Only events and Happy Hour. Ticket Price: $750.
If you want to get the full AFROTECH Conference experience with enhanced networking – Buy a Corporate Admission ticket!
- AFROTECH Executive Admission This ticket level gives the attendee General Admission access and access to the AFROTECH Executive Stage, AFROTECH Executive Reception, and Corporate Happy Hour. Ticket Price: $850
If you want access to custom-curated programming targeting founders, VCs, executives, and mid-level managers, as well as access to exclusive networking and entertainment – Buy an AFROTECH Executive Admission ticket!
- Platinum Admission This is an ALL-ACCESS ticket level to corporate-only events and AFROTECH Executive events. This gives the attendee access to the Platinum-only lounge, Premium viewing at the Main Stage and Music Stage, VIP registration, and AFROTECH Awards Dinner (access to sponsors, access to Corporate + Platinum events, and the AFROTECH Executive Reception. Ticket Price: $2,250
If you want an ALL-ACCESS pass and an upgraded experience at the AFROTECH Conference – Buy the exclusive Platinum Admission ticket!
Hotel, airfare, ground transportation, off-site events, meals, and parking are NOT included.
All registered attendees will receive a confirmation by email (please check your junk/spam folder). The confirmation email is your receipt and verifies the event(s) and/or additional fee sessions you have signed up for and how much you have paid. If you have questions regarding your registration, please contact email@example.com.
We currently do not offer discounts specifically for military or non-profits.
All promo codes must be applied at the time of purchase. We cannot process refunds for tickets purchased without an applied promo code. If you are experiencing difficulties using your promo code, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
AFROTECH™ Conference | Travel Information
We’ve partnered with several hotels to offer a housing block with discounted nightly rates to AFROTECH Conference 2022 participants. Reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and discounted rates are not guaranteed. We recommend booking your stay as soon as possible but no later than Friday, October 14, 2022. For more details, visit our Stay With Us page.
Attendees should plan to fly to the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS).
Downtown Austin is 7.5 miles away from the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS) and typically less than a 15 minutes car ride.
- $30 (one way from the airport to downtown)
- $30 (one way from the airport to downtown)
- Rideshare (Uber/Lyft)
- Airport Flyer Bus Service
- $1.75 one-way bus service
- Austin’s Capitol Metro offers direct airport bus service via a dedicated route that travels between the airport and downtown, the Capitol and The University of Texas.
- Toll-free: 800-474-1201
- $15 (one way), $28 (round-trip from downtown)
- 512-BLUEVAN: 512-(258-3826)
- 24/7 Dispatch: 512-929-3900 x 2
- Group Sales: 512-929-3900
AFROTECH™ Conference | Participation
Please visit our Partnerships page for more information on partnering with AFROTECH Conference.
We are in the process of finalizing the details of the pitch competition, and the rules will be posted on our website soon.
There are no volunteer opportunities available for AFROTECH Conference 2022 at this time.